Friday, August 8, 2008

My quest for sanity reviews

PARKING PAL

If you are a mom of a toddler you can relate to the story im about to tell. Ok, so, about 2 months ago Sophie and I were leaving Kmart and as I was putting my bags in the car Sophie darted out in to the parking lot. I ran to grab her and I saw that there was a car about 20 feet away from her. OMG I had like a full on panic attack. I turn my back for .5 second and thats all it took for her to run in the street. Scary stuff, right?

And then parking pal came into my life. These brightly colored fun magnets are such a great tool for keeping your kiddo safe. And they come in alot of fun designs. What I really loved about it is that it is FUN for Sophie,Like a game. After the infamous Kmart incident I started making her put her hand on the back tire( haha, I know, right? ) But when I saw the parking pal I KNEW she'd love it. Sophie was diagnosed with Autism and has poor auditory processing so when she runs off she has a hard time hearing me call her bc she is to caught up in what is going on. To make up for her auditory she has amazing visual processing. SO. She L.O.V.E.S her pal. LOL She always asks me to take it off the car so she can hold it while we drive. Here are a couple of pictures of Sophie with her pal