Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What is UP with childrens television these days!?

Now,I know it isnt just me. Every mom out there has at least one show that their child watches day in and day out that makes you want to scratch your eyes out and rip your ears off(MAYBE this is a little excessive). There are several shows that Sophie enjoys,most of which I can tolerate. Even having seen "Finding Nemo" and "Doctor Elmo" 1,432,678 times(Rough estimate) I can tolerate those. But its when "Yo Gabba Gabba" and "Teletubbies" come on that I want to turn and run. If she wasnt so darned happy watching these shows I would probably just turn the channel. But that starts a tantrum, Id rather not go there. What show(s) is it for you? I know we all have at least ONE.

*Disclaimer: No, My daughter is not planted in front of the television all day.

6 comments:

Allison said...

OMG I can't stand teletubbies and Barney!! I always changed the channel before she had the chance to know what it was!

Jill said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I know what you mean! My son has fortunately moved on from Teletubbies, but the baby is coming "of age." I'm hoping to avoid that altogether with him. The one I hate? The Wiggles! I told my three year old that The Wiggles were only on Grandma's TV, that they weren't on our TV and he totally bought it, so I'm in the clear! lol

Bethalea said...

Hey, thanks for leaving a comment! I can't even explain how I hate Yo Gabba Gabba. They all CREEP me out!

For me, right now, it's Calliou... on the sprout channel? It's a very sweet show, actually, but I guess they didn't make very many of them, so I've seen all five episodes fifty five million gajillion times and I am going to murder that sweet little bald French Canadian if I EVER get my hands around his sweet, polite little neck!

whew. thanks, I didn't realize I was so violent! Ha!

xo

b.

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate Yo Gabba Gabba- what are they about? I remember when my child was into the Wiggles and they actually grew on me after my first creeped out reaction. Luckily mine loves classic musicals like Sound of Music and Mary Poppins but it all gets tiring after 40,000 times!
Here's a hit for the recession! Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather!

Have you guys ever watched Bananas in Pajamas? I remember seeing the show while babysitting several years ago and never realized how fantastically creepy the theme song is. Somehow I pulled it up on Youtube the other day and OH MY GOD, SO CREEPY. Like, outrageously creepy. You should totally look it up, the creepfactor is worth it!

Anonymous said...

I think I would appriciate yo gabba gabba if I were still in college or... something. (Should be Harold, Kuma and yo gabba gabba go to White Castle) its so flipping random, maybe burners could make more sense of it.) And crazy b/c there are celeb appearances on there too. I hear ya on the crazy kid shows. How about Boohbah? WTH is THAT about? TG for good old fashioned sesame street if you ask me.

Just here to blog the recession (still) but I have found a cool site here! :)